Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 

cheese.

i just had new headshots taken. on the cheap: i booked the least expensive photographer i could find who seemed actually able to take acceptable photos of faces, i did my own hair and make up, i booked the cheapest and shortest session.

and you know what? i think they're great.

i only saw them briefly, during the shoot, but i have DVD of them in my bag. i may or may not post some of them here for you to vote on. i feel like i would if i could cover my face with some MS-painted-on funny glasses, but that would sort of render the process useless. ye olde dumb blog may be the only place in which i can truly take refuge from my face, so . . . maybe not.

i know some of you are asking, louella? why are you having headshots taken when you sound so much like you are breaking up with acting? and where are my potato chips? what price bananas? are you my angel?

the short answer is, because i wanna. i've felt guilty about my crappy pictures for a while, and for the ___ months left to me until i do or don't get into graduate school, i'm going to keep auditioning. in fact, i'm flying to seattle to do that big, possibly-useless group audition next month. maybe that's it: i couldn't stand to go home with a bad headshot. and maybe a fresh try with new photos and monologues will at least help me to get out gracefully. you know how some people go to relationship counseling to help them break up? maybe that's what i'm doing.

so, it's done. i've felt sort of shivery, shake-your-head-no about all things theatre for a few months, so maybe this my way back in. for now.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?