Wednesday, February 09, 2005

 

best writer's cramp ever.

we signed five million forms this morning. first the mortgage application, then the actual contracts. this business is not for the faint of heart or the light of brain. i've got my hands full juggling dates and checks and board applications, but it's fine by me. tonight i'm writing my first ever five-digit check. it kind of makes me want to nervous-barf in the best possible way.

when we took the elevator down from the attorney's office after signing the contracts, the monkey put both his hands on my face and kissed me, and then whispered hey. we're legally bound. into my hairline.

i hadn't thought about it like that. i mean, obviously owning property together is A Big Step and all that, but . . . now that it's on papers that have been filed in big buildings, our US is recognized in a place other than our living room. we are legally bound, and i didn't expect it to make me so weak-kneed. the best part about it was how joyful he is that it's true.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?