Wednesday, January 12, 2005

 

upping the juju.

i feel that the latest string of woe-is-me posts is a bad idea, karma-wise, so let me also say this: steve zissou is a reason to continue going to the movies. it may or may not interest you to know that the actual zissou lives in queens, as do i; i may or may not stalk him.

something about wes anderson movies entirely moves me. it's something to do with all these terribly depressed people moving on, or forward, or in circles, or sideways, in the face of huge, honest sadness and badness . . . they always seem very human and tender to me, and honest--partially because of all the contrivances: the antique typewriters and desk fans and intercoms, the siamese cats and spotted mice, the pastel palette and ubiquitous anjelica huston. i just love them. and i love that they make me hopeful and sad at the same time. and also, mostly, i just want the people who are doing me harm to get the hell off my boat.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?