Wednesday, September 17, 2003

 
hmm. i just found the blog entry i wrote in copenhagen then couldn't post.

serves me right:

"oh. well, hello copenhagen.

a long time ago, i went on a long road trip with my best friend college roommate, and near the end of it we finally got off the freeway and coasted to a stop behind a modest sedan with a license plate frame that said,

"Happiness is Being A Danish."

of course there was no article, but as i recall we laughed for a good ten miles between sips of diet coke and butt-shift-stretching.

happiness is not necessarily being in a danish airport, especially since this strange mutual woundedness that creeps up on us occasionally (somewhere in the back of my mind, the robot brain is working on this one: what's up with the tendershoes? is it me? is it us? what's the frequency, kenneth?) having put in an appearance. it's banished now, and i suppose jet lagged and having waited an hour for luggage that didn't need to be reclaimed isn't anyone's best game face.

large pieces of fun on the airplane. sadly, we were in the last row. happily, together in a window and aisle with no middle. pantsily, next to the head and gases abounded. a line of people waiting to pinch off a crap are not the scenery i'd hoped. it was good for a laugh, though.

copenhagen. next, the UK. and a night's sleep. and i'm out of the apartment. and, i guess life is starting. the monkey even said so the other day, and rang me back to the day in november he left me outside the security area on my way to mexico after the most incredible goodbye, my having announced his welcome into my capital L life.

so, yes. we have our road shoes on, with long haul tread."



yep.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?