Thursday, April 03, 2003

 
also, because i promised myself i'd write it down:

i dreamed i was in this house, and there was a tiny monkey (and as i'm writing this, i'm realizing that "monkey" in my usual context means someone specific--thanks, doctor freud--but in this case, the monkey was actually a monkey). the monkey was one of those kinds of monkeys that have some human traits, because i recall that having sex with the monkey later (again with the thanks, sigmund) was a definite possibility. it was my job to look after the monkey, which was hard because he was scampering all over and the treehouse we were in had big gaps between the walls and roof, and around the windows, so he could totally have squeezed out into the outside world and not come back (ahem. perhaps he was headed to new york to follow his dreams). i tried to leash him, but he was too smart for that. he got out for a little bit, and i asked my father if he didn't ever get tired of our friends offloading their monkey on us and expecting me to take care of him. it was hot--like, the kind of weather you could live in a poorly weatherproofed treehouse in--and all of the colors were oranges and golds and caramel colors. then, badness started to happen. some giant, huge asian guy--like a sumo wrestler, but in normal clothes--was pushing against the door, demanding that i give him the monkey. i refused, even though i had just called the monkey a pain in my ass, because after all, we were kind of a pair and taking care of the monkey was my job. also, the huge guy was very threatening, in a thug/gestapo kind of way. he did not mean any good. i was holding the door against his force, saying in a faux-rational voice that if he would just step away, i would go find the monkey and give him up (which of course i wouldn't do; it was only a ploy), but huge guy didn't buy it. the dream faded out with my pushing all my weight against the cracking door and kind of knowing it wouldn't work.

i guess this dream is a lot less mysterious once i recognize the monkey connection. nemmind. but also, last night i had my recurring dream that my dad has taken me skiing and i'm wearing all the wrong clothes.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?