Thursday, March 20, 2003

 
right now, my favorite parts were the stomach zerbets and the monkey teaching me how to make barfing sounds with chunks. we also figured out how to use hand puppets to solve domestic disputes, and there was a very small amount of crying, one great movie and shrimp with fresh pasta.

it all seems so eminently doable, and happy-making, and pretty calm in a sort of fait-accompli way. it's where i belong, right now, and i am no small bit antsy, here on the other side after having such grand access to the start of something big.

i sat on the bank of the pond--still some ice, but some ducks, too--with his head in my lap, and thought, i'm already here. it's already started. these are my photograph vendors by the museum, that is my stoop chalk drawing, those are our cotton percale sheets, this is my partner for the whole shebang. i'm back now, but i feel like there is back. if i'm home, where is the bottle of wine we opened on tuesday?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?